Skill Set: Beginner Knitting
Expertly crafted by Modern Daily Knitting, Skill Set: Beginner Knitting is a comprehensive book providing a solid foundation for the aspiring knitter. Like having a knitting teacher right there with you. Compact, concise, clear.
Skill Set: Beginning Knitting has everything you need to know—and nothing you don't. There’s never really been a how-to-knit book like this. It’s little. Smart. Encouraging. In 9 short lessons, with dozens of clear illustrations, beginning knitters will have the support they need to flourish in their craft! The 9 lessons draw on decades of knitting experience by Kay Gardiner and Ann Shayne. They emphasize practice in each lesson, so there are swatches to make for each technique. There’s just one pattern, for a simple hat, that lets you try out the techniques.
- Lesson 1 Supplies, Casting On, Knit Stitch, Binding Off
- Lesson 2 Purl Stitch, Combining Knits and Purls
- Lesson 3 Basic Shaping: Increases and Decreases
- Lesson 4 Knitting in the Round
- Lesson 5 Basic Lace and Cables
- Lesson 6 Basic Colorwork: Stripes, Stranding Intarsia
- Lesson 7 Finishing: Weaving in Ends, Seaming, Blocking
- Lesson 8 Patterns, Yarn, and Gear
- Lesson 9 Fixing Mistakes