Cocoknits was inspired to design this tool knowing there must be an easier way to read knitting charts! From there, the Maker’s Board evolved to hold little tools, recipes, or a tablet. This is one accessory that can do a lot!
Made with washable kraft fabric, there are internal metal sheets that make every surface magnetic. You can stick a chart on one surface, your pattern on another, and when you prop one side up for display, the angle is completely adjustable, making it even more versatile. Use the strong magnets included to keep small tools, charts, patterns, recipes, and more at hand while you’re working. Like many of Julie’s (Cocoknits' Founder/Owner) tools, it could help organize a variety of different projects - its uses are only limited by your imagination!
The extra fun thing about the Maker's Boards is that oh-so-many of the Cocoknits tools magnetically attach to it - your snips, markers, counter, stitch fixer, and so much more can pop right onto the board.
Makers Boards measure 11” (28 cm) X 9” (23 cm)when folded and includes four round magnets covered in PLA, which is made from fermented plant fibers called polylactic acid, which is made from fermented plant starch such as corn, beets or sugar cane - this is 100% biodegradable, not water soluble, and contains no plastic. It also includes two small, round, uncovered magnets to hold tools as well as 3 strong, uncovered rectangle magnets for propping board and holding other tools. The boards are packaged in a linen drawstring bag for storage or to use as a project bag.
There are many ways to use the Maker's Board:
- Open the folder and use the rectangle magnet(s) to prop up one side.
- Use the covered magnets to attach papers and small round magnets to attach and store tools on the board.
- Use horizontally or vertically.
- Use as a knitting pattern board to read patterns for knit, crochet, cross-stitch, needlepoint, beading, and more!
- Cling your other Cocoknits tools to the magnets on your board, like a Row Counter, Stitch Markers, or a Tapestry Needle.
- Companion products for the Maker's Board are sold separately and are coming soon to Wild Hand (stay tuned!).
To wash, CAREFULLY remove the metal sheets. Metal sheet edges may be sharp, please use caution. Machine wash empty Kraft folder in cold water on gentle cycle, lay flat to air dry. Replace metal sheets.
Cocoknits - a knitting pattern and tool company - was created by Oakland, California-based Julie Weisenberger. Over the years she has developed and perfected a unique top-down, seamless method of sweater knitting called the Cocoknits Method, and created a line of tools that make the process of knitting and making easier and more beautiful.